Here is an outline of the new policies I am following in regards to Covid-19 safety.
1. Symptoms: If you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness including fever, headache, chills, cough, sneezing, digestive illness, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or are generally not feeling well I ask that we reschedule your appointment. I will do the same for myself. If you come in for your appointment and I feel uncomfortable about working on you I will ask you to reschedule. If you have any concerns please get in touch with me before your appointment and we will discuss.
2. Covid-19 Contact: If you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or is exhibiting the symptoms of Covid-19 even though they tested negative, or did not get tested you may not come in the office for 14 days after your last contact. If you have had Covid-19 in the past you must supply a note from your physician that it is safe for you to receive massage. There are reports of Covid patients having clotting issues up to 3 months after recovery. Blood clots are very dangerous for massage therapy.
3. Pre-screening: I will make contact with you the day before your appointment by phone or text to confirm that you have no symptoms of illness and have had no Covid-19 contact in at least 14 days. I ask that you wait for 14 days after airplane travel to come in.
4. Waiver: You will have to sign a waiver stating that while all precautionary measures are being taken you acknowledge the risk of receiving a massage and possible transmission.
5. Arrival/Masks: The use of the waiting room is prohibited at this time. When you arrive, call me and I will come get you. You need to wear a mask the entire time you are in the building. If you don't have one with you I will give you one at the door. Your mask may only be removed when you are face down on the massage table. I will have a washable barrier in place for you. We need to refrain from hugging and handshakes at this time.
6. Cleaning: I have always maintained high cleaning standards. In addition, prior to all appointments I will be disinfecting every surface with a government approved cleaner/disinfectant. The bathroom will be cleaned multiple times per day. There will be disinfectant wipes in my room and the bathroom for your use on handles and faucets prior to you touching them if you so choose, All linens will continue to be sent to a laundry service for cleaning and sanitizing. I have purchased a medical grade HEPA air filter that will be running continuously.
7. Hand washing: Prior to getting on the massage table I ask that you wash your hands with soap and water. Hand sanitizer will be available for you as well but is not required after hand washing.
8. Changes to your Session: I am not allowed to touch your mask so I will not be massaging your face at this time. I will be wearing a mask, eye protection and an apron. I am not required to wear gloves unless I have broken skin (as was always the case). If you would feel more comfortable with me wearing gloves I will be happy to do so. There will be a plastic bin for you to put your belongings in after you undress. There will be one chair for you to sit on. It will be covered in plastic so it may be disinfected. There are probably more changes that I am forgetting right now :)
9. High Risk Clients: If you are 65 or older, are immunocompromised, have any conditions that put you at higher risk for Covid-19 complications or live with someone in a vulnerable population the State of CT strongly recommends you stay home. Ultimately it is your personal decision if you want to come in for a massage.
10. Cancellation Policy: There will be no charges for late cancellations at this time. The most important thing is safety. As always, early cancellations are appreciated. I am going to be backed up for a long time so any appointment slot that goes empty will be unfortunate, The more time I have to fill a spot the more likely it is to be filled. However I know symptoms may arise suddenly and no one should feel badly for staying home if necessary.
Intuitive Touch is an independently owned small business offering massage therapy in East Windsor, CT. This is not a massage therapy chain where you receive a 50 minute service (while paying the price of an hour) so that the therapist can rush to get the next person on the table at the top of the hour. Appointments are booked with 30 min
Intuitive Touch is an independently owned small business offering massage therapy in East Windsor, CT. This is not a massage therapy chain where you receive a 50 minute service (while paying the price of an hour) so that the therapist can rush to get the next person on the table at the top of the hour. Appointments are booked with 30 minutes between them to allow time for a pre-and post-massage chat about your needs for that session, how you feel afterwards, and ideas for self care at home. I like to take my time, ask questions, get to know you and provide you with the best individualized service possible.
My office is in a quiet, peaceful space shared with other wellness practitioners. I use only the highest quality, organic massage products - Biotone and Sacred Earth massage cream and Rocky Mountain Oils and Plant Therapy essential oils. There are no extra charges for specialized work or enhancements to your service, such as deep tissue massage, massage cupping, hot stones or essential oils. When you have an appointment with me, you get all my knowledge, skills and tools for the same price.
My clients come to me for massage therapy for many reasons. Some come for help with pain relief - chronic pain from arthritis, muscle stiffness and tension due to sitting at a computer or physical labor, soreness from working out, motor vehicle accidents, improper posture etc. Some come strictly for relaxation. They enjoy the down time and mental and physical rejuvenation that massage therapy can offer. All who come find themselves in a safe place where they can let go of their worries and be treated professionally by a caring and experienced massage therapist.
As a massage therapist with 17 years experience in the field of massage therapy, I am committed to delivering a high quality experience to all my clients. I listen carefully, not only to what you tell me is going on in your body, but to what your body is saying, to give you the results you are looking for - pain relief, stress reduction, and mental calm.
I graduated from the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy in 2003. I am licensed with the State of Connecticut and am trained in Reiki as well. My experience over the years has taught me so much, yet I am always learning more about how to help people achieve balance in their bodies and in their lives.
Jennifer Coleman, LMT
Owner of Intuitive Touch Massage Therapy
3A Pasco Drive, East Windsor, CT 06088 United States
02:30 pm – 08:00 pm
02:30 pm – 08:00 pm
02:30 pm – 07:00 pm
09:00 am – 03:00 pm
Massages are by appointment only and are booked during the times noted above. There are no walk-in appointments. You may call or text me Mon-Sat 9am-8pm to get more information or to book an appointment. Hopefully I'm able to answer, but if I don't, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. You may also book an appointment online by clicking the 'Make An Appointment Now' button located throughout this website.
Copyright © 2018 Intuitive Touch Massage Therapy of East Windsor - All Rights Reserved.